My Book, My Friend!



As I had mentioned in my earlier posts, I have never been a book lover. But, recently something changed in my life and I became interested in unfolding the story while I set off on a journey with the characters in the book. I think this was always my interest but was pushed back due to other distractions. So when this love for stories resurfaced, I went back to the novels we read as part of Literature in 12th grade.
I started my journey with Charles Dickens, on the path of ‘Great Expectations.’’ I accompanied protagonist Philip Pirrip on a path of loneliness and innocence that leads towards pride and finally reaches the destination of happiness! Similar was the journey of David Copperfield who overcame all the hurdles placed by destiny and walked towards happiness. After this I traveled to London and Paris with Mr. Dickens as he described the Tale of Two Cities.
Then the king of tragedy, Shakespeare made me laugh while he narrated the process of Taming of the Shrew. While I read these stories, I realized I was meeting new people and traveling different places! I was not complaining of boredom anymore. When my life prevented me from moving around, a novel took me places. I found a friend who is always available to entertain me. Now we are friends for life! A friend that not only entertains me, but also improves my language to help me write better. Look for your long lost hobby..... I found mine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Special Post On A Special Day

Say no to infantilization of the differently abled

Have you been in love with a disabled person?