I Care, Do You?



I was reading the newspaper yesterday and something caught my attention. It was the We Care Film Festival! Together with the United Nations Information Centre for India and Bhutan, they made an attempt to familiarize the world with the life of disabled people. This brought a big smile on my face and I continued reading. As I read further I realized that these humanitarian efforts have been continuing for a decade now and I didn't even know of it! I instantly thought of all the people who are unaware like me and I decided to spread the message through my blog.
                       It succeeds in sensitizing people towards disability every year by promoting their inclusion into the society. This year they are bringing to us more inspiring stories from 24th to 26th of this month at Vigyan Bhavan. Earlier a film called Attitude received a lot of appreciation from audience. It takes us on a journey with a differently abled youth, as he struggles to succeed, battling not only disability but discrimination from the society. Towards the end the narrative managed to include the audience in the celebration of the protagonist.
                        The film replaced sympathy with admiration in the minds of peopled who watched it. Looks like the world is slowly opening up to view the ability in every form of disability. Finally, they care!     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Special Post On A Special Day

Say no to infantilization of the differently abled

Have you been in love with a disabled person?