The Lockdown Story

It is a story of being stuck. A story of limited resources. A story where everything is as precious as gold and maybe gold is not as precious any more. With my disability I feel a little more confined than all of you. Maybe now you are getting a tad bit of a taste of my life. But it's not all that bad. I get to turn my attention to things I never had time for. I went back to my childhood through tv shows and coloring books to rediscover the joy.
The lockdown made me appreciate things that I had taken for granted. Next time I step out I'll probably be happy that I have somewhere to go even if it just to the office. Traffic and crowds won't be an annoyance anymore. They'll be the normalcy that I've been craving for. The feeling of maddening isolation has made me connect more often to my loved ones than I otherwise did. I realized that we (at least I) have spent most of my time in isolation anyway, excluding the occasional parties of course :p

We're probably experiencing inconvenience because now it is imposed externally and not by our own laziness.
Another side of my realization has been about the human contact in the literal sense. The fact that we have to refrain from touching each other makes me want to hug my people tighter whenever I can next time.
If and when the time shall come, I will not shy away from telling people how much I've loved and missed them with the most affectionate hug. I pray to God that once normalcy visits me again, I shouldn't forget the lessons I learnt by staying away from people. See you soon on the healthier side🤗

Comments

  1. This pandemic was a great equalizer in many ways. It also showed our beliefs and egos are can just be eliminated in puff of smoke, brushed aside as puny and insignificant by the universe. It showed division by caste, religion, social status, money all are irrelevant when humanity itself is threatened. Its a great equalizer showing us that beneath clothes, beneath the skin we all are succeptable, weak and vulnerable. Our man made gods, our religious places including the famed pilgrimages all were helpless just like a human and had to be closed like a grocery store or furniture shops around street corner. It showed the fallacy clearly, that these gods made by us are just like us and have no connection with creator in any ways.
    This equalizer will remind us to live in harmony with fellow men with nature. This will remind us we are nothing but a guest who will have to leave eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! Thank you so much for your valuable insights Sachin. Take care��

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an Inspiration yo are ...Super

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naveen! I'm glad I could inspire ☺️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Special Post On A Special Day

Say no to infantilization of the differently abled

The black spot that stays