I See Change!

Yes... I see the change. I observe people don't see disability as something ugly or strange anymore. The beauty of my imperfectly perfect body is now visible to the world. When you see a dress beautifully displayed on a mannequin, you can imagine how it'll look on you. But I cant! Because my body is not structured like the mannequin. Now there are places  like Switzerland that give me an opportunity to see what I could look like.



A Swiss charity organization has come up with an interesting way to embrace disability. They have made mannequins of five people with different kinds of disability and displayed them on popular streets of Zurich. Ask them why they came up with this idea and they say "because who is perfect?" Living with a disability I understand the importance of increasing the visibility of the difference in people. This will help people accept a verity of disabilities and also do away with the strange staring that differently abled people often experience. Congratulations to the company for attempting to break the barriers and setting a new trend. Finally... I see inclusion that's not only on the papers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Special Post On A Special Day

Say no to infantilization of the differently abled

Do you know the disability etiquette?