Emotion Planning

I used a combination these words for the first time in my life. People go crazy about financial planning. They even hire people to do it for them. But what about emotional planning? How many of us really stop a second to think about it? You are probably thinking what the hell is emotional planning. The emotional planning i'm talking about also has a few steps to be followed like there are in financial planning. Having a conversation with my twin made me realize each one of them.

The first step is to know that people don't change. I know it sounds very negative, but it is what it is and only when you accept it will you be happy. Step two is to shift your focus from the bad to the good in the person. Its not hard to find the positives in a person. You just need the intention to do so. I'm writing this today so that when i'm having a bad day I can come back to this. When i'm angry with someone next time I hope God blesses me with a thought to read this post and follow these steps.

That brings us to the third step of emotional planning. It is recording the good things about a person or life general so that you can come back to it whenever you need to. Write it in your diary or talk to people more about the good than the bad. I think writing is a better idea because if you are a forgetful person like me then you will have nothing go back to. Step four to know that everyone is flawed..... including ME. Although I hate to admit it I know in my head that it is true. No matter how hard I try to ignore this fact, life will keep reminding me of it.

Only when I realize this will I stop judging other people for flaws. It is easier said than done but if we can achieve this there's nothing left for us to do.  The final step is to embrace your flaws and those of others. I pray to God for the ability to love his imperfectly perfect creation unconditionally.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Special Post On A Special Day

Say no to infantilization of the differently abled

Do you know the disability etiquette?